Online tools for non-profits
For the past 20+ years I’ve been working primarily with non-profits. About 15 years ago there was a brief window in time where there was a really cool, easy to use and reasonably priced toolkit. I may be biased because I led the team that built it. Unfortunately, now there is a mass consolidation in this industry. The smaller non-profits, the ones without million dollar budgets and dedicated staffs, are afterthoughts. The industry seems to take smaller organizations for granted (and to the cleaners) while the remaining players fight over the same small group of large non-profits. This sucks.
This is why we’ve launched our solutions for non-profits. Working with clients I listened to them to find out the pain points of their existing non-profit tools.
- Too expensive. One small client told me they were stuck paying well over $500/month for the system I helped bring to life over 15 years ago.
- Yearly contracts. All of the big vendors tie clients into yearly contracts.
- Lots of excuses, no solutions. After signing the yearly contract a number of people told me how their big name vendor couldn’t solve simple things like making their donation page load in a reasonable amount of time.
- Too many features. This is not only a problem of the non-profit world. Lots of software companies love to keep adding on feature after feature until it takes 10 times as long to get your work done. Gross.
Instead of re-inventing the wheel we’ve decided to take what people already like, what already works and make them better.
- Anyone can use WordPress to edit their site so we chose that. We just added a really nice visual editor to make it even easier.
- Mailchimp is great at sending emails so we’ve integrated with that.
- Stripe is perfect for credit card processing so it’s in there.
In addition to that we’ve added a robust CRM system that is flexible (add all the custom fields you need) and free of extraneous features. Now you can focus on creating content and getting your message out without spending hours trying to figure out some software that seems to stop working at random.
Also, we’re available anytime you need help. Anytime within reason. Don’t expect us to answer the phone at 2am.